Cox Green Leisure Centre Court Bookings
A few benefits of playing Badminton:
- Physical fitness: Between the running, lunging, diving and ball hitting, playing badminton burns fat at approximately 450 calories per hour. This kind of cardiovascular workout can help keep you in tip top shape, especially if you’re looking for a good alternative cross-training exercise.
- Develops athleticism: The fast-paced nature of the game increases your speed and improves your reflexes. Intelligence is also a factor since players must know how to deceive their opponents in every shot.
- Increased muscle tone: Playing badminton builds and tones the quads, glutes, calves and hamstrings. In addition, your core muscles, arm and back muscles get a workout as well.
- Social health: You’ll need at least one opponent, but you can also play with a teammate and two other opponents. The social interactions of a game will result in positive feelings after a session on the court. Joining a league can also help you become part of a community.
- Mobility: As we age, mobility becomes limited, but staying active can help prevent these problems. Keeping mobile lubricates your joints, preventing arthritis and similar conditions from developing.
- Weight loss: Badminton can also help with weight control because of its fat-burning and metabolism boosting qualities. Combined with proper diet, optimal weight loss may be achieved.
A few benefits of playing Basketball:
- Provides Strength Training -By playing basketball, you get an excellent full-body workout. This helps in the development of lean muscle. It can help develop your lower back, neck, deltoids, traps and core muscles. It also makes your legs stronger, and the movements like shooting and dribbling help strengthen your arms, hand muscles and wrist flexors.
- Boosts Mental Development -Basketball may be a fast-paced game that requires a lot of physical skills, but it is also a mind game that requires you to think on your toes. It requires you to have a lot of focus so that you can accurately and quickly process the action on the court and make decisions that are effective with the ball. It also requires you to train yourself so that you can observe your opponents and teammates constantly and make quick decisions based on their actions.
- Develops Better Coordination And Motor Skills - Basketball requires excellent hand-eye coordination as well as full-body coordination. When you play this sport, it gives you the training to help develop these skills. Dribbling gives you training for hand-eye coordination while rebounding shots that are missed gives you the training to develop full-body coordination.
- Improves Awareness Of Space And Body -Basketball is a game that requires spatial awareness. You need to know where you are positioned to make that perfect shot or play defense effectively. When you have an awareness of the space and body, you will know exactly where you need to be when your teammate or opponent makes a shot or passes the ball. When your spatial awareness is improved, it also helps in keeping you in balance.
5 a side Football Indoor
For block booking enquiries email email@example.com
A few benefits of playing football
- Improves Cardiovascular Health - This is probably one of the best benefits of playing Football. The average player runs about 8 to 11 kilometres in a full game. The constant walking, jogging and running help keep the player’s heart rate up, providing an excellent cardiovascular exercise. This constant movement helps players strengthen their hearts, resist plaque build-up in the coronary arteries, reduce their blood pressure and burn excess calories.
- Lowers Body Fat and Improves Muscle Tone -Football is a great sport for burning fat because it works the muscles and your heart in different ways. Football builds more muscle mass and burns more fat by recruiting both slow-twitch and fast-twitch muscle fibers. As a general workout, football playing burns more calories than typical workouts because players are forced to switch between using the aerobic and anaerobic energy pathways.
- Teaches Coordination - Due to shifts between walking, running and sprinting, coordination is key to football. Body coordination is improved through the complex movements like dribbling, turning and passing, which are performed at varying rates of speed and direction. Hand-eye coordination is improved when players either kick the ball or receive a pass from someone. The better the coordination, the better advantage in a match.
- Increase Confidence and Self-Esteem, and Helps to Reduce Anxiety -Building physical strength and endurance help build confidence in a player both on and off the field. Confidence and self-esteem not only impact sports performance, but also performance in school, career, family life, and friendships. Also, as with all forms of exercise, the feel-good endorphins released into the body after a match are major stress and anxiety reducers. Several studies point to exercise as being a highly effective treatment for depression and anxiety.
Short Tennis Indoor
A few benefits of playing Short Tennis:
- You get a full body workout -whether playing singles, doubles or hitting the ball against a wall, short tennis is a full body workout. Swinging the racket works the muscles of your arms, shoulders, back and core. You use the muscles of your lower body to run, jump, crouch and move on the spot.
- You improve your stamina -Short Tennis can be a fast-paced sport. The average rally lasts for 5–7 seconds and you have to sprint for the ball. Working at a high intensity for short periods like this improves your anaerobic capacity – which means you can make explosive movements without getting tired as quickly.
- You’ll improve your balance -not falling over while moving requires good dynamic balance. In tennis, you have to reach and stretch while holding the racket to use your full range of motion. And if you have good balance, then you’re less likely to fall over.
- You could improve your mental health -Short Tennis is a tactical sport that requires planning and thinking – great brain training. And playing a game releases the feel-good hormones known as endorphins, which can improve your mental health, reduce stress and lower your risk of conditions like depression.
- Short Tennis is suitable for all ages and abilities - No matter what your skill level, you can always find an opponent for a bit of friendly competition
Indoor / Outdoor Cricket Nets
For block booking enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
A few benefits:
- Increased Stamina and Endurance: the constant running across the field helps to increase stamina.
- Balance: balance is also something one can improve through this sport because of the utmost concentration required while playing cricket.
- Flexibility: learning to move freely is something that comes with practice in cricket, thus improving on flexibility of an individual.
- Coordination: when catching or throwing the ball, a cricket player improves his hand eye coordination
- Cardio: Cricket includes a lot of throwing and sprinting across the field, which is a great cardiovascular activity.
- Improved Motor Skills: Bowling, batting and catching the ball require gross motor skills. These are such activities that make the large body muscles to work.
- Social Skills: it’s a great way to interact with people and its also a great way to learn to cope with winning or losing. Cricket matches can last several hours, and within that time one must work with the team in a cooperative manner to develop and initiate game strategies and win the match.